Header Ads

Sego Awards Gala

Happy Monday!  This weekend Cody and I attended the Sego Awards (an award show in Utah honoring female founders and entrepreneurs).  I was nominated for Best social media/ influencer and was so shocked and excited I won!  It was such a beautiful night and I met so many amazing entrepreneurs, plus I always jump at any chance to get dressed up. The theme was Funky Formal so I was excited to find the perfect dress for the occasion. Keep scrolling to see my my options and thoughts on each!

OPTION #1 : GREY TULLE DRESS

I had to throw a neutral option in the mix, right? We ordered Cody a statement suit (which you’ll see further down) and I thought something simple like this grey dress would make the perfect pairing. I actually loved this option! The silhouette, the elegant off-the-shoulder sleeves, plus it’s a great budget-friendly option. It didn’t fit the funky formal theme as well though, so onto my next option!

DETAILS: RED RUFFLED DRESS

The ruffled dress of my dreams, this one was definitely a statement dress. The embellished detailing, the ruffles, the ombre tulle – what’s not to love?! The only problem was it clashed a bit with Cody’s suit options so it ended up in the no pile, but if I were going solo it might have been a close call.

DETAILS: OFF THE SHOULDER DRESS

This. Dress!!! The first thing that got me was the silhouette with the gorgeous flowy pleats and sleeves, but when I saw it in person the hand-dyed effect on the color was insane. Honestly such a breathtaking piece of art! One small problem… I couldn’t zip it up 😭 Pregnancy life!!  I had sized up two sizes but underestimated how big my bump had gotten (especially in the evenings.) Still such an amazing dress and definitely one of my favorites.

DETAILS: PINK DRESS | CODY’S FLORAL SUIT COAT & TROUSERS

Neon and floral! When I heard the theme was funky formal, my first thought was neon so I was immediately drawn to this one by Leanne Marshall. I love the strap detailing and the hem line makes it flow beautifully. Here’s that statement suit for Cody I mentioned earlier. We found a ton of floral suit options here and I love how fun they are! Great for any upcoming summer events.

DETAILS: PINK DRESS | EARRINGS | CODY’S BLUE SUIT COAT & TROUSERS | CODY’S SNEAKERS

And the winners are…. this pink dress and this blue suit for Cody. I love how the colors play off each other for a really fresh vibe and they are perfect for the funky formal theme.

Here’s a couple pics from the event. I was seriously so honored and thankful for the opportunity! They had us talk a little on our entrepreneurial  journey and it was so amazing hearing from all these inspiring women. If you head to my Instagram I shared the three words that describe my journey and why I picked them 🙂

If you have prom, or a fun formal, or want to dress up for the heck of it, there are seriously so many fun, playful options available right now.  Below are a few more options I love:

 

XX, Christine

The post Sego Awards Gala appeared first on Hello Fashion.



from Hello Fashion http://bit.ly/2WBDn78
via techsidesimple

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.